Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP) is hiring a Debt Recovery Manager – someone to join and lead our growing Debt Recovery Team. If you have debt recovery experience and you are looking for a challenging role, this is an ideal opportunity to join, not only one of the fastest growing energy suppliers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to progress their career along with the rapid growth of YGP.
Duties & Responsibilities
The debt recovery department are accountable for our entire customer debt recovery process with the goal of optimising bad debt losses. As the Debt Recovery Manager, you will need to be a highly organised individual, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You must have a resilient approach when dealing with difficult customers who are in arrears. Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery you will be committed to timely collection of debt for both Micro and Non-Micro customers through internal debt collection processes. You will manage a growing team of remote debt recovery agents as well working with external agencies.
- Management of remote and offshore staff members in the debt team
- Setting goals and targets for the department for both performance and productivity.
- Completing quality assurance on a range of tasks completed by the team
- Creating and implementing a strategy to improve the collection of outstanding debt.
- Creating and Implementing training documents, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring all accounts move through the internal and escalation process in a timely manner
- Preparing monthly reporting on debt position and performance
- Validating invoices where required
- Keep trackers and systems up to date
- Keeping up with legislation changes, making sure the debt collection process remains compliant throughout out changed.
- Dealing with complex account queries and escalated customer via phone and email where necessary
- Support the customer service team and other departments when dealing with debt accounts
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years team leader or management experience of a customer service team
- Energy industry knowledge is essential
- Able to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to produce insightful reporting
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- PC literate and competence of Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail.
- A self-starter who is pro-active and can set and achieve goals.
- Ability to handle difficult customers
- Strong organisational & time management skills.
- Ability to recognise potential risks to the firm that should be escalated.
- Salary up to £30,000 dependent upon experience
- Extensive private medical/optical/dental insurance made available to all employees following completion of probation;
- Employee pension scheme with employer contribution
- 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday