Debt Recovery Manager
Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP) is hiring a Debt Recovery Manager – someone to join and lead our growing Debt Recovery Team. If you have debt recovery experience and you are looking for a challenging role, this is an ideal opportunity to join, not only one of the fastest growing energy suppliers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to progress their career along with the rapid growth of YGP.
Duties & Responsibilities
The debt recovery department are accountable for our entire customer debt recovery process with the goal of optimising bad debt losses. As the Debt Recovery Manager, you will need to be highly motivational, organised and be able to prioritise in a fast-paced environment. You will be a great leader of people who knows how to get the best from their team.
You must have a resilient approach when dealing with difficult customers who are in arrears. You will have empathy, great listening skills, but be able to get results. Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations you will be committed to timely collection of debt for both Micro and Non-Micro customers through internal debt collection processes. You will own these processes and look to continually improve upon them. You will manage team of remote debt recovery agents as well working with external agencies.
• Deliver to Company Key Performance Indicators.
• Management of remote and offshore staff members in the debt team.
• Setting goals and targets for the department and individuals for both performance and productivity.
• Completing and overseeing quality assurance on a range of tasks completed by the team.
• Creating and implementing a strategy to improve the collection of outstanding debt.
• Creating and Implementing training documents, policies, and procedures to improve the collection process.
• Ensuring all accounts move through the internal and escalation process in a timely manner and are accurately worked.
• Preparing monthly reporting on debt position and the performance of the team and outsourced partners.
• Ensure we are chasing clean debt.
• Keeping up with legislation changes, making sure the debt collection process remains compliant throughout out changed.
• Being the escalation point for the teams.
• Support the customer service team and other departments when dealing with debt accounts.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Minimum 3-year team leader or management experience of a collection team.
• Be an effective Leader of the Team.
• Be able to develop and inspire their team.
• Knowledge of credit related regulations is desirable.
• Energy industry knowledge desirable
• Have experience with customer negotiations to retrieve payment in a B2B environment.
• Able to manage conflicting priorities.
• Ability to produce insightful reports, and deliver results off the back of them.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels.
• PC literate and competence of Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
• High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail.
• A self-starter who is pro-active and can set and achieve goals.
• Ability to handle difficult customers.
• Strong organisational & time management skills.
• Ability to recognise potential risks to the firm that should be escalated.
• Salary dependent upon experience
• Extensive private medical/optical/dental insurance made available to all employees following completion of probation
• Employee pension scheme with employer contribution
• 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday predominantly office based
• Free onsite parking within fully serviced offices at Thorpe Park Leeds
• Excellent career progression opportunities
About this company
Yorkshire Gas and Power has gone from strength to strength since being established by the CEO Rishi Raichura in 2009. Rishi Raichura has been nominated for a number of awards, including Entrepreneur of the Year at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards. The company is undergoing a significant expansion phase and presents a genuine opportunity to grow with the organisation with fast track opportunities in to management level for the right candidate.