Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP) is hiring an Energy Specialist – someone on the upward curve, with a passion for energy, is looking for a challenging role and can deliver a first-class customer experience. This is an opportunity to join, one of the fastest growing UK energy suppliers. This is a genuine opportunity for the candidate to progress their career along with the rapid growth of YGP. Based in our office located at LS15 8GB.
Duties & Responsibilities
Working in a small team with a high level of responsibility, the candidate will be required to learn and adapt to the large number of evolving business and system processes required to ensure smooth operations of the company. The candidate will be required to operate a complex, bespoke energy retail system which the candidate will be trained to operate to carry out their role. The candidate must be highly adept in learning how to use new systems and must be technologically adept.
This role would suit a proactive, self-motived individual who is capable of working autonomously with little supervision. The ideal candidate won’t be afraid to question and challenge ways of working to drive efficiencies. They must be capable of following and developing accurate and complex processes. The candidate will be adaptable, capable and confident in using systems (portals, CRM systems, websites etc…)
The candidate will be expected to be bright, a rapid learner and will be expected to apply knowledge with minimal errors. The duties will involve taking full ownership from start to finish of various types of industry tasks, liaising with multiple stakeholders across the company. The candidate will see task from start to finish, whilst maintaining a very high standard throughout. This is a widely varied role and includes ad-hoc duties to assist the team with a multitude of tasks using our bespoke system, reports and many other tools at your disposal. You will be proactive in handling both in-bound and out-bound calls, liaising with other energy suppliers, energy brokers and industry third parties to facilitate in the supply of gas and electricity to our customers across the UK.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they are a quick learner, have a very high attention to detail, be highly PC literate and are technologically adept. These qualities are an absolute must for the candidate to be capable of performing the role to the high standard that will be required of them. There will be pressure on the candidate to perform, however, full training will be provided along with regular meetings to help to achieve the candidate’s goals within the company.
The culture at YGP is to work hard and play hard. We have high expectations from our staff, but in return we reward accordingly. YGP is keen to promote employee wellbeing and we include an extensive medical, optical and dental insurance plan for all staff upon completing of their probationary period. The benefit in kind tax is also paid for by YGP, which is a highly unusual step for an employer to take.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an office-based environment;
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Excellent problem solver and a logical thinker, questions ways of working;
- Highly PC literate;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Intermediate level of skill with Microsoft Excel (e.g. comfortable in writing basic Excel formulas);
- Excellent and professional telephone manner;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail to a very high standard;
- Excellent communication skills and must be proficient at communicating up to director level;
- Persuasive when required.
YGP is keen to promote employee wellbeing and we include an extensive medical, optical and dental insurance plan for all staff upon completion of their probationary period. The benefit in kind tax is also paid for by YGP, which, although unusual, means more money in your pocket.
- Basic salary of up to £20,000-£23,000 dependent upon experience
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Additional days awarded through length of service.
- Pension scheme;
- Free onsite parking within a new, fully serviced office;
- Career development opportunities.
- Private medical insurance upon successful completion of probationary period.
- Fully paid team lunches and pay day breakfast sandwiches.
Due to the nature of this role, the hours will be full time (37.5 hours/ week); 09:00- 17:00 Monday to Friday.