Escalated Debt Team Lead
Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP) is hiring an Escalated Debt Team Lead – someone to join our growing Debt Recovery Team. If you have debt recovery experience and you are looking for a challenging role, this is an ideal opportunity to join, not only one of the fastest growing energy suppliers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to progress their career along with the rapid growth of YGP.
Duties & Responsibilities
The debt recovery department are accountable for our entire debt recovery process with the goal of
optimising bad debt losses and reducing the risk of impact on our credit ratings for payments to suppliers.
You will need to be a highly organised individual, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and you must have a resilient approach when dealing with difficult customers who are in arrears.
Reporting to the Debt Recovery Manager, this position will see our successful candidate ensure our escalated debt recovery process runs efficiently and effectively.
• Manage the timely and effective collection of complex and escalated debts
• Management of a growing team of debt recovery agents, including regular coaching and 1-2-1’s
• Oversee the whole escalated debt process to ensure accounts are progressing as per the policy
• Act as escalation point for all disconnections on the day of isolation
• Follow up on deadlines and co-ordinate further action where required (disconnection/legal)
• Working with an appointed debt management companies to escalate long standing debt
• Liaise with management in order to approve settlements and write-offs.
• Validation of third-party invoices
• Maintain the Dashboard, CRM and case trackers
• Resolving and assisting with queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
• Assist relations with collection and disconnection agencies
• Process building and on-going refinement of processes
• Producing monthly reports on performance of the team and external agencies
Essential Skills and Experience
• Experience in managing a customer services and/or debt recovery team.
• Knowledge of credit related regulations is desirable.
• A period of practical experience working in a collections department
• Have experience with customer negotiations to retrieve payment.
• Experience in managing third party relationships for debt collection purposed
• Able to manage conflicting priorities
• Excellent communication skills at all levels.
• PC literate and competence of Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
• High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail.
• A self-starter who is pro-active and can set and achieve goals.
• Ability to handle difficult customers
• Strong organisational & time management skills.
• Extensive private medical/optical/dental insurance made available to all employees following completion of probation;
• Employee pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
• 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday