Head of Collections
Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP) is hiring a Head of Collections, who will report to the Operations Director and be responsible for the Billing and Collections at Yorkshire Gas and Power.
If you have billing and collections experience and you are looking for a challenging role, this is an ideal opportunity to join, not only one of the fastest growing energy suppliers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.
This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to progress their career along with the rapid growth of YGP.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Head of Collections within Yorkshire Gas and Power and will form part of the Senior Leadership Team. The role is a key part of the Operations department and will contributes to both strategic and operational decision making.
This role will be perfect for someone who is a problem solver, a forward thinker, and happy to juggle priorities to meet service demands. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to influence and communicate clearly and effectively, flourish in a fast-paced environment and have high standards for yourself and others.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient delivery of high-level performances in the debt and billing team
- Look at the bigger strategic picture and bring a fresh perspective to look for better ways of doing
things, coming up with new and original ideas
- Manage competing priorities effectively, including budgets and resources
- Collating and presenting data and presentations to senior leadership, directors, and shareholders
- Tracking, monitoring, and providing feedback on team performance.
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the team to ensure alignment to business objectives.
- Ensure the ongoing development needs of the team are met through mentoring/training.
- Promotion of the organisation and its products, making recommendations for improvement where
- Create and implement new processes and way of working
- Create and maintain procedure and policy documentation
- Implement and monitor targets around collection rates and billing accuracy
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing a billing and collections team, preferably at a B2B energy supplier.
- Track record of debt collections and creating collections processes
- Driving best practice and ability to demonstrate continual improvements and efficiencies.
- Knowledge of credit related regulations is desirable.
- A good understanding of energy billing practices and regulations
- Able to manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail.
- A self-starter who is pro-active and can set and achieve goals.
- Strong organisational & time management skills.
- Ability to recognise potential risks to the firm that should be escalated.
- A confident decision maker
- Extensive private medical/optical/dental insurance made available to all employees following completion of probation;
- Employee pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
- 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday