Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP – the trading name of Eco Green Management Limited). YGP are a licenced commercial gas and 100% renewable electricity supplier to England, Scotland and Wales and are based in Leeds since 2009.
We are looking to appoint a Sales Manager, who will report to the Head of Sales and be responsible for daily management of the YGP Sales Team. You will be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of our team of experienced TPI Account Manager’s and Sales Support . If you have experience in a similar role and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then this is a genuine opportunity to join one of the fastest growing UK energy suppliers.
The Sales Manager role will be challenging and suit someone who thrives upon leading a Sales team within a growing company. The individual should demonstrate strong and inspirational leadership to their team. They will conduct regular KPI reviews and one to ones as required. The Sales Manager will be a significant stakeholder in the smooth running of the business. The business is growing continuously, therefore a welcoming attitude towards change in a dynamic environment is an essential attribute of this role.
- Assessing the team’s area of strength and opportunity to assist in setting individual sales targets within the sales team.
- Tracking, monitoring, and providing feedback on team performance.
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the team to ensure alignment to business objectives.
- Ensure the ongoing development needs of the team are met through mentoring/training.
- Play a key role in the Recruitment process, selection and training of new team members.
- Promotion of the organisation and its products, making recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Possess a natural ability to lead and develop a Sales team.
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service;
- Experience in customer relationship management;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales based management role.
- Knowledge of the energy industry is highly advantageous but not essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, delivered in a professional manner;
- Strong stakeholder management up to Director level;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Highly PC literate;
- Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent problem solver and a logical thinker;
- Accuracy and attention to detail to a very high standard;
- Quick learner that is ready to help question and develop processes.
- Basic salary of £28,000-£32,000 dependent upon experience.
- YGP Bonus Scheme
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Additional days awarded through length of service.
- Pension scheme;
- Free onsite parking within a new, fully serviced office;
- Private medical insurance upon successful completion of probationary period.
- Fully paid team lunches and pay day breakfast sandwiches.
- Due to the nature of this role, the hours will be full time (37.5 hours per week) to cover core office hours; 09:00-17:00 Monday-Friday
- Based at 4305 Park Approach, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8GB. Hybrid/remote working will be considered for the right candidate.