Yorkshire Gas and Power (YGP) is looking to appoint a Settlements Analyst, someone who is passionate about delivering cost settlements in a timely and accurate manner. This is a genuine opportunity for the candidate to develop along with the rapid growth of YGP.
Duties & responsibilities
Working within the Operations Team, the Settlement Analyst role is responsible for providing an excellent settlements service to the business. Reporting into the Metering & Settlements Manager, this newly created role will provide an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to gain exposure in the energy industry.
Main Duties of this role:
- Monitoring half hourly and non-half hourly settlement performance
- Exception handling and management
- Working to the BSC (balancing and settlement code) regulations and ensuring business compliance
- Liaising with other suppliers and third parties to resolve any queries or ongoing problems.
- Ensuring that the performance of appointed agents is satisfactory to facilitate compliance.
- Liaising with Elexon and other regulatory bodies
- Independent monitoring mailboxes daily to correct issues.
- Identifying and reporting any non-compliance reasons and providing and implementing resolutions
- Support internal and regulatory metering reporting as and when required.
- Internal Process Improvement and Implementation
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent IT skills including Excel.
- Excellent Analytical Skills, including providing MI
- Understanding of BSC regulations
- Knowledge of the energy sector is required.
- At least 1 year’s previous experience of managing electricity settlement performance.
- Working to tight timescales
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
YGP is keen to promote employee wellbeing and we include an extensive medical, optical and dental insurance plan for all staff upon completion of their probationary period. The benefit in kind tax is also paid for by YGP, which, although unusual, means more money in your pocket.
- Package up to £28,000 dependent upon experience
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Additional days awarded through length of service.
- Pension scheme;
- Free onsite parking within a new, fully serviced office;
- Career development opportunities.
- Private medical insurance upon successful completion of probationary period.
- Fully paid team lunches and pay day breakfast sandwiches.
Due to the nature of this role, the hours will be full time (37.5 hours/ week); 09:00- 17:00 Monday to Friday.
|Salary||upto £28,000 DOE|