Energy Bills Support
1st October 2022 to 31st March 2023
- The UK Government announced support for businesses and public sector organisations facing rising energy bills.
- The Energy Bill Relief Scheme applies to all UK businesses that have signed a fixed agreement on or after 1st December 2021.
- The scheme will also impact businesses that are out of contract or on deemed rates subject to the criteria set out by the Government.
- The scheme will impact bills produced that cover the period from 1st October 2022 until 31st March 2023.
- The support will be applied automatically to any eligible customers and the discount will vary based on the date you signed your agreement.
1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024
- The EBDS scheme strikes a balance between supporting businesses over the next 12 months and limiting taxpayer’s exposure to volatile markets, with a cap set at £5.5 billion based on estimated volumes.
- As with the original scheme, the new scheme will be available to everyone on a non-domestic contract including: businesses,
voluntary sector organisations, such as charities, public sector organisations such as schools, hospitals, and care homes.
- These are on existing fixed price contracts that were agreed on or after 1st December 2021.
- Signing new fixed price contracts.
- On deemed / out of contract or standard variable tariffs